San Diego’s oldest civic meeting place.
Constructed by Col. Manuel Ferrer, in 1870 at the corner of Arctic and Fifth streets downtown (now Kettner Boulevard and F Street) then moved in the early 1900s to 12th Avenue and K Street.
Bob Sinclair bought the place in 1999 and once renovated he had it moved to the corner of 13th and J streets in 2001. Sinclair spent more than $1 million fixing up the place and moving it while shutting down the San Diego Trolley and have overhead power wires removed.
Click on images for full view. Images by Jorge Moreno